The Viking fleet in Russia and Eastern Europe offers exceptional ambiance with all the comforts of a fine hotel. Enjoy spacious staterooms and suites, an inviting restaurant and beautiful public spaces on elegant ships that set a new standard of river cruising excellence in the region.Ship Features
- All staterooms are outside with river view
- Suites are 400 square feet, have 2 flat-panel TVs & panoramic windows
- Most Deluxe staterooms & Suites have hotel-style beds with optional twin-bed configuration
- All Suites & Cat AX-BX staterooms have a veranda
- All CX-DX staterooms have a large picture window that opens
- Private, modern bathrooms with separate shower & premium bath products; bathrobe & slippers upon request
- Sony 26" flat-panel TV with CNBC, CNN, BBC & more
- Telephone, safe, refrigerator, hair dryer & air conditioning
- Bottled water replenished daily
- Sun deck with shaded sitting area
- A walk-around, open air promenade deck
- Restaurant with panoramic views
- Observation lounge & two bars with panoramic windows
- Free internet service
- Doctor on board
- Laundry service
- Voltage: 220V & 110V (U.S. outlet) in stateroom
Viking Ingvar Facts
Fine dining aboard Viking Ingvar
Our chefs create a variety of tasty offerings for you, with freshly prepared seasonal local vegetables, European specialties adapted to satisfy the tastes of our passengers, and homemade soups prepared daily. For breakfast, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. Or you may prefer a hot dish, such as an omelet prepared to order. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course gourmet menu with regional specialties. You can also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you sail, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary-it is all part of experiencing the local culture.
To complement your onshore excursions, take part in Viking's Cultural Highlights-immersive learning and enhancement activities both on board and ashore:
- Traditional Russian or Ukrainian tea
- Russian cuisine workshop
- Russian or Ukrainian ballet or opera performance
- Cossack horsemanship show
These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Learn about:
- The Romanov czars
- History of Russia or Ukraine
- Putin and Democracy
- Vikings in Europe
- Key words and phrases in the local language
These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
Services aboard Viking Ingvar
While you are aboard a Viking ship, you enjoy myriad services, from shipwide wi-fi service to laundry to complimentary bottled water. See the About Your Trip section of our website for detailed answers to your questions; you can select On the Ship from the dropdown menu for an alphabetical listing of onboard information.
An onboard daily newsletter, Viking Daily, featuring information about daily activities, shore excursions and tour departure times is delivered to your stateroom every evening.
The Viking standard
We have high standards for the English-speaking crews on board our ships. We personally recruit all of our staff members, from your stateroom steward and waiters, to hotel managers and Program Directors. Proprietary training programs are implemented by our Swiss management team to ensure we always provide the level of service you would find in a fine hotel. The Viking team brings you a level of expertise other companies cannot match.
We manage everything
Best of all, there is no need to do research or make arrangements in advance. We take care of all the details?transportation, reservations, entry fees and more. You return home enriched with wonderful memories.