Take an unforgettable journey on one of the very best ships sailing the country’s waterways today. Fully refurbished, this ship carries 196 guests in 98 spacious staterooms, with those on the upper and middle decks featuring private verandas. All of the accommodations meet the latest European standards of comfort and elegance, with hotel-style beds and amenities like 26-inch flat-panel TVs and in-room refrigerators. An expanded restaurant facility and beautiful public areas add to the pleasure of sailing on this ship.
- 98 comfortable outside staterooms (4 Suites, 2 Junior Suites, 60 Veranda, 32 Deluxe)
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area
- Staterooms on the upper and middle decks all feature full-sized, outdoor verandas
- Observation lounge and two bars with panoramic windows
- Restaurant with panoramic views
- Library and onboard boutique
- Free internet service in stateroom
- In-room refrigerator
- Laundry service
- Doctor on board
Viking Rurik Facts
To complement your onshore excursions, take part in Viking's Cultural Highlights-immersive learning and enhancement activities both on board and ashore:
- Traditional Russian or Ukrainian tea
- Russian cuisine workshop
- Russian or Ukrainian ballet or opera performance
- Cossack horsemanship show
These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Learn about:
- The Romanov czars
- History of Russia or Ukraine
- Putin and Democracy
- Vikings in Europe
- Key words and phrases in the local language
These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
Fine dining aboard Viking Rurik
Our chefs create a variety of tasty offerings for you, with freshly prepared seasonal local vegetables, European specialties adapted to satisfy the tastes of our passengers, and homemade soups prepared daily. For breakfast, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. Or you may prefer a hot dish, such as an omelet prepared to order. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course gourmet menu with regional specialties. You can also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you sail, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary-it is all part of experiencing the local culture.