Helgrim - Vising emissary to Athelstan of Wessex
Helgrim co-led the first recorded mission from Norway to England at the command of Harald I, King of Norway. Harald corresponded with Athelstan, King of Wessex, and the Norwegian king dispatched Helgrim and Osfrid to sail to England and deliver Harald's gift of a fine ship.
Douro River Cruise Ships
These intimate ships were custom built to sail Portugal's Douro River, with state-of-the-art engineering, deluxe accommodations and streamlined Scandinavian interiors. Like our Viking Longships, you can choose from a variety of stateroom classes, all with sweeping river views.
- 53 outside staterooms with river view (16 Standard Staterooms, 2 French Balcony Staterooms, 24 Veranda Staterooms, 11 Veranda Suites)
- All Upper & Middle Deck staterooms feature a full-size veranda or a French balcony
- Sun Deck with shaded sitting area and al fresco dining; swimming pool; organic herb garden; solar panels; putting green
- Aquavit Terrace, a revolutionary outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship for al fresco dining
- Lounge & Bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library & onboard shop
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Laundry service
- 40" flat-screen Sony TV with infotainment system featuring Movies On Demand, plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic & more
Please note: Stateroom images and features are samples only. Actual furniture, fixtures, colors, configurations and window/porthole views may vary.
When you cruise with Viking you sail with the world's leading river cruise company, and you enjoy the rewards of more than 175 years of heritage and a level of expertise second to none.
Inspiring destinations, beautifully crafted itineraries, expert tour guides, luxurious ships, fine cuisine, excellent service, remarkable value-our success is defined by all these things, and something else, too: personal attention to every detail. It's the way the bartender has your drink ready for you, at just the right time. It's the gentle guidance from your tai chi master in a lesson you take while sailing along the Yangtze. It's the handwritten directions from your concierge to the best coffeehouse in Vienna.
At Viking, we never forget that looking after you is why we have become the world's favorite river cruise line, and why our guests return to cruise with us again and again. Indeed, it is our guests who are our greatest ambassadors, making us the most honored river cruise line in the world.
If you have experienced the pleasure of traveling with us, then you will appreciate what makes a river cruise with Viking so special. And if that experience is still ahead of you, then it is one you are sure to enjoy.The Most Award-Winning River Cruise Line
We have consistently placed high on competitive rankings like Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List, Reader's Choice and Best Small Ships awards; and Travel + Leisure's World's Best; we have also been honored by prestigious international organizations like the World Travel Awards. Meanwhile, travel agents have recognized us with awards including TravelAge West's Best Line for River Cruising and Travel Weekly's #1 River Cruise Line. And Viking is featured in National Geographic's The 10 Best of Everything.